Longer life expectancy deserves celebration. However, demographic change puts pressure on our environments, forcing them to adapt. To successfully face current and future challenges in this field, new professional profiles and skills are needed.
To this goal, the AGE-FRIENDLY TOOLKIT project aims to define a training curriculum for a “Professional of reference for inclusive ageing in age-friendly cities” through an open and broad exchange of views among stakeholders on ageing. The project will develop a set of open educational resources proposed in the vocational education and training systems and remain freely available online.
According to the objectives described above, the partners will carry out the technical aspects of the project in the following two work packages and activities:
WP2. PROPOSAL OF A TRAINING CURRICULUM FOR INCLUSIVE AGEING
WP2 is being developed from November 2022 to December 2023, aimed at proposing a training curriculum for a afore mentioned new training professional, through the following activities:
Identifying a set of key competencies on cross-cutting issues for AFC.
Defining learning outcomes of a new professional figure in AFC, by organising international workshops in different areas.
Proposing a training curriculum for the new professional profile.
Validate and disseminate the results in the participant countries.
WP3. TOOLKIT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF AGE-FRIENDLY CITIES
The work package 3, is aimed at developing an educational toolkit for the development of age-friendly cities. WP3 will be carried out from November 2023 to February 025 through the following activities:
- Development of training content according to the training CV developed in wp2.
- Creating a set of training materials: educational app and e-learning course.
- Testing the training toolkit with target groups.
- Disseminating the results at national and international levels.
- Relevant stakeholders, experts and social organizations in participants countries are being involved in the project activities.
The target group of the AGE-FRIENDLY TOOLKIT project are:
- Employees at municipalities services.
- Public administrations/social services at regional and local level
- Seniors citizens’ organizations,
- Teachers, trainers and students at VET and Adult education programs,
- VET providers and VET centres,
- Decision-makers in the field of VET.
- Companies of different sectors: building sector, ICT, hotel, commerce, etc.
For more information, download the project newsletter in